Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
About the program:
The Bachelor of Architecture B.Arch degree program prepares students for professional practice in the field of Architecture. Being an undergraduate program, it has a broad scope, providing exposure to a variety of interests in this field and assisting students to discover their own directions for further development. Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture (DBSA), aiming to be the Best architecture college in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, it provides its students with top-notch facilities and best practical exposure.
In the present age of Smart Cities, the Bachelor of Architecture B.Arch degree program is recognized as one of the most comprehensive programs in Architecture due to the thrust on contemporary issues such as sustainability, urban re-development etc. It also offers a large number of elective studies, ensuring flexibility and a choice-based education tailored to their areas of special interest which may be urban design, landscape architecture, housing, project management, city planning etc. Apart from academics, there is continuous interaction with practicing architects of repute.
- Approved by Council of Architecture, India (COA), AICTE and affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU), Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture and Design (DBSAD) is focused towards creating outstanding architects for India and the world. When you choose to do your B.Arch. at DBSAD, you get support from a distinguished pool of faculty, state-of-the-art facilites like studio, construction yards and laboratories, latest curriculum, on-field experiences, internships and from multitude of other opportunities.
Eligibility and Duration:
- A candidate who has qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent)
- The candidate must have obtained 50% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and in overall 10+2 level as well
- The candidate must have passed and attained 50% marks in 10+3 diploma exam with Mathematics as a subject.
Total intake: 30
Duration: It is a full time, 5 years course.
Program Educational Objectives
The architectural graduates from Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture and Design (DBSAD) after five years of completing the program will:
- PEO 1: Be able to apply fitting techniques and technologies in the field of Architecture.
- PEO 2: Exhibit as prosperous professional architects with moral, ethical values, and innovative ideas.
- PEO 3: Strengthen intellectual growth and improve creative and efficient solutions to unique and dynamic problems.
- PEO 4: Work as leaders through consultancy, extension activities, and affirming lifelong learning philosophy for continuous improvement.
- PEO 5: Acquire higher degrees to lead in education, profession, and research.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The B.Arch program in DBSAD is designed to meet the subset of Program Outcomes as specified by the Council of Architecture (COA).
- PO 1:Ability to attain knowledge of Humanities, Sciences, Mathematics, and Architecture, and competency and skills to apply that knowledge into practice.
- PO 2: Practice the elements of Architecture and utilize basic principles in Architectural Design.
- PO 3: Identify and resolve the social, economic, and cultural issues in Architectural Design.
- PO 4:Ability to utilize theoretical knowledge to accomplish Architectural Design solutions.
- PO 5:Identify the ethical and professional responsibilities and the norms of Architectural practice.
Program Outcomes (POs) – Contd.
- PO 6: Ability to research, review, understand and report technological developments in the field of Architecture.
- PO 7: Communicate efficiently and work in interdisciplinary groups according to the project scale and calibre.
- PO 8: To supervise the Building construction workforce in the right direction.
- PO 9: Capacity to surmise real-life situations in reforming the On-paper design to the On-site design of Architectural Practice.
- PO 10:To make the student design aesthetically delightful, structurally viable buildings and promote technological advancements in the building construction industry.
Other highlights of the program:
The advantages of pursuing B.Arch program at DBSAD are:
- Students get the benefit of 13 years of academic excellence.
- All faculties are from top architecture colleges of India
- The college has high-end building material lab so that different kind of buildings including houses, landscapes & office buildings can be designed.
- Students would learn through the latest Architecture & designing software like AutoCAD, Revit, Google Sketch Up, Photoshop etc. and learn to give shape to their imagination.
- Our students would be involved in onsite practical training & can bring their thoughts to life in our state-of-the-art Drawing Studio.
- After completing the course our graduates ready for the corporate or Government Sector or the can work as independent professionals. The pay packages for the B. Arch graduates are increasing due to increase in demand in designing & construction.