Bachelor of Design ( B.Des)
About the program
The Bachelor of Design B.Des degree program prepares students for professional practice in the field of Design. Being an undergraduate program, it has a broad scope, providing exposure to a variety of interests in this field and assisting students to discover their own directions for further development. Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture & Design (DBSAD), aiming to be the Best Bachelor of Design college in Dehradun Uttarakhand, provides its students with top-notch facilities and the best practical exposure.
In the present age of Designing, the Bachelor of Design B.Des degree program is recognized as one of the most comprehensive programs in Design due to the thrust on contemporary issues such as sustainability, urban re-development, etc. It also offers a large number of elective studies, ensuring flexibility and a choice-based education tailored to their areas of special interest which may be urban design, landscape architecture, housing, project management, city planning, etc. Apart from academics, there is continuous interaction with practicing architects of repute.
We are offering a Bachelor of Design in Interior Design, Product Design, and Graphic Design.
Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture & Design (DBSAD) in Dehradun leverages 13 years of academic excellence to students’ advantage. Its B. Des program focusses on industry oriented curriculum that is delivered by faculty members from top design institutes in the country.
The high end building material lab to aid in design, access to the latest Architecture and designing software, and well-equipped Drawing studio, complement students’ learning experience. Industry exposure and corporate interactions prepares students for rewarding careers in Public as well as Private sector.
Approved by AICTE
Affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU),
B.Design and why?
“Design is intelligence made visible,” said author Alina Wheeler. Design in that sense is the true combination of beauty and brains. And with the growing emphasis being on aesthetics today, a Bachelor of Design program helps students shape appealing careers for themselves.
Areas it covers
A comprehensive Bachelor of Design program Interior Design, Product Design, and Graphic Design. The Interior Design learning covers aspects like furniture design, color combinations, and Vastu Shastra. Through Product Design, students get insights into transportation (automotive designs), lifestyle product designs like textile, jewelry, watches, leather crafts, optical and more. Print media design, visual media design for advertising, media production, and post-production designing are crucial areas of Graphic Design. Armed with this knowledge students can launch careers in various fields.
Working in the different areas of design is creatively satisfying and lucrative, while it is considered to be a glamorous career option as well. After completing your Bachelor of Design program you can:
- Pursue your Master of Design program from top universities all over the world.
- Bag placement with top design firms across India and kickstart exciting careers.
- Follow your entrepreneurial dreams by setting up your own design firm.
- Build a strong career in academia with a focus on cutting-edge research.
- Have strong credentials to start a career in education sharing your knowledge with others.
- Handle projects for homes as well as the burgeoning hotel industry.
- You can make a place for yourself in industry-related services careers.
Eligibility and Duration:
- The candidate must have cleared 10+2 (PCM) education with 50% ( Gen/OBC)
- The candidate must have cleared 10+2 (PCM) education with 45% ( SC/ST)
Total intake: 30
It is a full time, 4 years course.
|B.Des- First Year||46,250+46,250=92,500||4 Year|
|Registration & Admission Fees||5,000.00 (Non Refundable)|
Other highlights of the program:
The advantages of pursuing B.Des program at DBSAD are:
- Students get the benefit of 13 years of academic excellence.
- All faculties are from top architecture & Design colleges of India
- The college has a high-end building material lab so that different kinds of buildings including houses, landscapes & office buildings can be designed.
- Students would learn through the latest Architecture & designing software like AutoCAD, Revit, Google Sketch Up, Photoshop, etc. and learn to give shape to their imagination.
- Our students would be involved in onsite practical training & can bring to like thoughts in our state-of-the-art Drawing Studio.
- After completing the course our graduates ready for the corporate or Government Sector or the can work as independent professionals. The pay packages for the B. Des graduates are increasing due to the increase in demand in designing & construction.