Bachelor of Science (Food Tech)
BSc Food Technology College In Dehradun
About the program:
Food technology is the branch of science which deals in production and preservation of food. Food being perishable in nature requires constant check, and for the food to be sold in market, certain processes are used so as to deliver as good as fresh food to the public. Hence food technology has a great demand in the research and food sector. Especially with growing and varied food needs, this technology has gained great importance. The course finds is acceptance in the international market as well.
Eligibility and Duration:
- To join this course,Candidate must have cleared senior secondary education in Science stream from a recognized board.
Total intake: 60
- It is a full time 3 year program divided into 6 semesters .
|B.Sc- Food Technology Per Year||31,250+ 31,250=62500||3 Year|
|Application & Admission Fees||6200.00 (Non-Refundable)|
It is a matter of great delight to welcome you to the Department of Food Technology. Food Technology is a novel interdisciplinary field of food science, its admiration is arising as the day goes by. Food technology involves all aspects of food science, including production, processing and distribution. Professionals work to revamp manufacturing methods through preservation, storage and new product development. They work with food scientists to enhance the nutritional value of foods.
The main aim of this course is to stimulate innovation in food sector and enhancing the growth of food industry’s ecosystem. Food industry ecosystem plays important character in connecting farmer to consumer in the domestic and international markets. Having a different industrial sector such as R&D, QC and QA are the ones responsible for making the food nutritious and safe for all of us.
Ms. Shradha Soni (Food Technologist)
- To provide theoretical and practical knowledge on the transformation of raw agriculture commodity into processed, packaged shelf stable food products.
- Identify and provide the skills required in the area of research
- To provide value added courses for accomplishing their goals
- Analyzing regulations and standards that meets with industrialization needs
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Quality analysis and Food Testing
- Sensory Evaluation
Other highlights of the program:
Candidates pursuing B.Sc. Food Technology have a whole new horizon of opportunities waiting for them. From food innovation management to food safety and health the students have a varied list of options for the job perspective. DBGI has already proven its excellence in the field of food technology within a short span of 2 years since its establishment and is one of the best institutes in Dehradun.
- Affiliated to Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University (SDSUU) Badshahithol, Tehri, Uttrakhand.