B.Tech – Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering is a discipline of engineering which deals with the design, construction and maintenance of the structures that constitute the infrastructure. From high rise buildings to bridges a civil engineer finds a job opportunity in almost every construction related field. A civil engineer even has a scope of getting into project management and construction management.
Eligibility and Duration:
- The candidate must have cleared senior secondary education with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects and any one of the subjects-Chemistry / Bio – Technology/ Computer Science / Biology from a recognized board.
- Or the candidate should have cleared 3 year Diploma from an AICTE approved institute.
- Or he / she may have cleared B.Sc. from a recognized institute along with Mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12.
Total intake: 120
Duration: It is a full time course, 4 years in duration divided into 8 semesters and 3 years in duration divided into 6 semesters for lateral entry.
Other highlights of the program:
The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members possessing excellent academic records from renowned universities in India. Activities like seminars, projects, quizzes and such competitions are conducted on regular basis to inculcate professional skills in the students, which ultimately help them in getting placed in good organizations.
The department has state of the art lab facility with latest equipments. Students get to work on live and industrial projects in pre-final and final years. Time to time, we also conduct industrial visits, guest lectures and workshops. Students are members of different types of civil engineering societies like Indian Society of Civil Engineering, Society of green buildings, NIRMAAN etc. Value Added Courses are also conducted by the department. The software skills provided by the department are using high-end software packages like STADD PRO, FREE CAD and FEM Software.
The institute provides its students with experienced faculty and well-equipped labs namely:
|Fluid Mechanics Lab||Building Material Lab||Survey Lab||Concrete Lab|
|Geology Lab||CAD Lab||Project Lab||Environment Lab|
|Soil Mechanics Lab||Structure Analysis Lab||Transportation Lab||Building, Planning, Drawing Lab|
|Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machine Lab||Advanced Survey Field Work|
The B.Tech Civil Engineering program at DBGI:
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
- Affiliated to Uttrakhand Technical University (UTU), Dehradun.