Diploma in Food Production
Diploma in Food Production is 1.5 years course that deals with the aspects required for adequate food production. Food production, as the name implies, is all about preparing food. It is the process of modifying raw ingredients into food or of food into different other forms. Food production is a significant department in the hospitality industry, which is in constant demand for skilled manpower. Candidates aspiring to build their career in this field can surpass by mastering various aspects of food production, such as preparation techniques, cooking techniques, kitchen management, food cost handling, etc. under the diploma program in food production provided by Dev Bhoomi Institute of Hotel Management (DBIHM).
The Diploma in Food Production program at DBIHM, affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT), aims to enhance the students’ skill sets to bridge the gap between the industry requirements and potent professionals. The institute’s advanced course curriculum helps students learn the nuances of food production, as well as the experiential pedagogy, followed by it, aids them to attain balanced theoretical knowledge and practical training in the hospitality and allied services sector. The program equips students with food preparation in different ways, styles, quantities, and cuisines along with scientific and latest production techniques.
The topics involved in the diploma are food skills, food ingredients, organic foods, food tools and tips, food coloring, food quality, etc. Apart from the essential requirements and professional culinary skills for commercial food production operations, it also equips students with the key course additions such as Cookery, Equipment Maintenance, Hygiene, Costing, Commodities, Larder, Nutrition, Computer Operations, Bakery, etc. By completing this course, students are acquainted with the underlying concepts of safety standards and sanitation measurements, food preparation, culinary arts, restaurants, and hotel operations, and other developments needed to serve supervisory roles in the food-service industry.
Highlights of the Program
- The food industry today represents an enormous potential for growth and income generation, and therefore an individual has a favorable chance of securing a lucrative job opportunity in the field.
- Institute owns the world-class infrastructure and imparts fundamental practical training to the students in the institute kitchens and laboratories.
- The various labs at the institute involve – Basic Training Kitchen, Quality Training Kitchen, Advanced Training Kitchen, Bakery and Confectionery, Larder, and Cold Kitchen.
- DBIHM has its own restaurant and bar which helps in providing better practical exposure and knowledge to the students.
- Institute possesses stable corporate relations and thus is capable of providing students with the best placement opportunities.
- DBIHM makes sure to provide students with internship opportunities or even On Job Training at Corporates to render an array of practical field experiences.
- Institute religiously, under its curriculum, provides Industry Visit, Workshops, Guest Lectures, to complement the education experience.
Future Prospects of the Course
Diploma in Food Production enables students with loads of career opportunities. Upon completing the diploma, the students can work on various profiles such as – Cook, food suppliers, banquet manager, purchasing manager, chef, and food production director. Diploma holders also get fitted for becoming Commis in restaurants, fast-food companies, hotels, and retail kitchens. Skilled candidates can also join aviation Flight Kitchens as cooks/chefs/commis etc. Numerous job opportunities are accessible in international and national Hospital Institutional catering, fast-food chains, and Shipping and Cruise lines. The students also have the choice of commencing their own business.