B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering (ME)
About the program:
Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics, and materials science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery.
Eligibility and Duration:
- The candidate must have cleared senior secondary education with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects and any one of the subjects-Chemistry / Bio – Technology/ Computer Science / Biology from a recognized board.
- Or the candidate should have cleared 3 year Diploma from an AICTE approved institute.
- Or he / she may have cleared B.Sc. from a recognized institute along with Mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12.
Total intake: 120
- It is a full time course, 4 years in duration divided into 8 semesters and 3 years in duration divided into 6 semesters for lateral entry.
|B.Tech First Year -Per Year||52,400 + 52,400 = 104,800||4 Year|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry – Per Year||36,550 + 36,550=73,100||3 Year|
|Registration & Admission Fees||5,000.00 (Non Refundable)|
Other highlights of the program:
The department has excelient lab facilities. It has industry standard software tools like AutoCAD, NX-CAM, FEM, High-Velocity Crash Analysis Software (IMPACT) and Solid Works. DBGI is aimed at producing ME professionals with a practical exposure that meets the latest requirements of the engineering industry. The knowledge gained after this education includes Mechanics, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Materials Science, and Dynamics of Machines. The department has developed strong research interests in faculty members as well as students in diverse areas of Mechanical Engineering.
The institute provides its students with experienced faculty and well-equipped labs namely:
|Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Lab||Dynamics/Kinematics of Machine Lab||Materials Science Lab||Fluid Mechanics Lab|
|Strength of Materials lab||CAD/CAM Lab||Automobile Engineering Lab||IC Engines and Gas Turbines Lab|
|Mechanical Workshops||Heat Transfer Lab|
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
- Affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU), Dehradun.