The question students always have is “What can I do with a degree in Mass Communications?”
The answer is ‘Exposure to glamour, reel & real life!’
The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication at Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions was started in the year 2018. This is the beginning of the Department that offers only three-year degree course i.e. BA (Hons) Journalism & Mass Communication (BAJMC) with well-equipped studio and DTP Laboratory. In our department we stick to our vision that is to impart students with quality training so that we may produce journalists occupying important positions in print and electronic media. Students can also become active in the world of glamour, various newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television channels, public relation, advertising and event management.
To achieve global identity of the students that is to impart students with quality training so that we may produce journalists, writers, anchors, event managers, photographers etc. occupying important positions in print & electronic media, public relations, advertising, and film industry.
- High quality of theoretical and practical training to the students in all areas of Mass Communication such as Public Relations, Advertising, Newspapers, Radio and Television.
- Theoretical and practical education covering various components of Desktop Publishing (DTP) including page making, editing, computer graphics and designing, using such softwares as Photoshop, Paintbrush, CorelDraw and Quark Express,
- Theoretical and practical training of photography and relating to it-the newly-emerging needs and trends in Photojournalism.
Mass communication and journalism intend to reach the masses in one go. Having been part of the 21st century we are well acquainted with the importance and urgency of communicating the latest updates, be it a piece of news or be it an introduction of a new product. Having proven its forte in the various other fields and aspects, DBGI now sets its foot forward in the field of BJMC. With the urge to be updated, mass communication and journalism is an in demand profession and finds its scope in almost every field.
Approvals & Affilations
Affiliated to Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University (SDSUU) Badshahithol, Tehri, Uttrakhand.
Anyone having scored a minimum 50% in the senior secondary education or equivalent from a recognized board is eligible for the above course.
BJMC is a 3 year course divided into 6 semesters.
|Course||Fees Per Year||Duration|
|Bachelor of Journalism and Mass communication||27,250+27,250=54,500 /Per Year||3 Year|
|Registration & Admission Fees||5,000.00 (Non Refundable)|
Career & Outcome
Whether you’re reporting news, developing an advertising or public relations campaign, working with a local business or non-profit organization, writing a screenplay, or directing a television show, you’re engaged in telling a great story. In order to tell great stories, you have to learn what makes a great story and how to tell it.
All Mass Communications courses enable students to gain knowledge about the role of media in all endeavors so that they can become professionals and communications specialists. Long after students’ graduate, faculty are still in touch and assist with jobs searches and graduate school admissions. Once you’re part of the Dev Bhoomi Family, you’re always part of it!
The students of Journalism & Mass Communication can look forward to work in public relations, television, films, publishing, journalism, editing, direction, etc. The job requires aspirants to be skillful, energetic and also creative. Following are the various job profiles offered to graduates in mass communication:
- Journalist/Reporter/News Anchor
- Event manager/ Fashion Photographer/ Cartoonist
- Photojournalist/TV Correspondent
- Radio Jockey/ RJ
- Screenwriter/Art Director/Editor/Film Director
- Public Relations Officer/ Sound Mixer and Sound Recorder
Also on completing their graduation in Mass Communication the aspirants of the field can look forward to working with the following types of companies and areas:
- News Agencies/Press Information Bureau/Photography Companies
- TV Channels/Radio Telecasting Companies
- Websites Periodicals and Magazines Blogs
- Newspapers/Advertising Agencies
- Broadcasting Corporations