Guest lecture on Organic farming and its importance in sustainability by Department of Agriculture and Horticulture
Guest lecture on Organic farming and its importance in sustainability
About Event : The guest lecture is supposed to be held on Organic farming methods to combine scientific knowledge of ecology. The principal approach of organic farming includes crop rotation, green manures and compost and biological pest control . It will provide an in depth understanding of how to practice organic agriculture to operate agricultural system.
AIM of the Events :
- The aim is to get our student appropriate information related to organic farming.
- The objectives of using organics instead of using fertilizers and other chemicals for enhancing crop yield to be discussed.
- Importance of using crop residues and animal wastes to increase production.
- Its importance to encourage sustainability
- Why and how to promote organic farming in agricultural industries, and marketing areas.
Speakers of the Events:Mr. Emugan Hrangkhawl
Department Name: Department of Agriculture and Horticulture (DBIMS)
Course Name: B.Sc Agriculture and Horticulture
Date Time & Venue of Events: 18th April’19 (DBIMS, Seminar hall).