Industrial visit to THDC Ltd, Tehri Garhwal by Department of Civil Engineering
Industrial visit for students are organized for practical exposure. The Tehri Dam is a multi-purpose rock and earth-fill embankment dam on the Bhagirathi river In Tehri District in Uttarakhand, India. It is the primary dam of the THDC India Ltd. completed in 2006. The Tehri Dam with holds a reservoir for irrigation, municipal water supply and the generation of 1,000 megawatts (1,300,000 hp) of hydroelectricity.
AIM of the Events
- To give students an opportunity to improve theoretical and practical knowledge in hydropower engineering surveying under actual conditions.
- To conduct an overview of power generation through turbines.
- To produce high level technical manpower capable of undertaking works in dam projects.
- To develop self-confidence so that he/she can do work in any project.
- To understand the value of water resources, weir, barraage
|Department Name ( Full Name)||Civil Engineering|
|Course Name (Participants):||Polytechnic CE|
|Date Time & Venue of Events:||21/11/19-22/11/19, Venue- THDC Ltd. Tehri Garhwal|
|Event Coordinator & Organizing Team Members||Mr. Tushar Kishore Verma & Ms. Shipra Thapliyal|
|Contact Person||Mr. Tushar Kishore Verma – 9997234829|