National Conference – Women Empowerment as a Tool to Develop Nation by Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
Vision of the Conference
In most regions of the world, women receive less formal education than men, and at the same time, women’s own knowledge, abilities and coping mechanisms often go unrecognized. Empowered women and girls contribute to the health and productivity of their families, communities, and countries, creating a ripple effect that benefits everyone.
In addition, it is essential for the achievement of sustainable development. Empowerment offers practical guidance of business on how to empower women in the workplace, marketplace and community. Experience shows that population and development programs are most effective when steps have simultaneously been taken to improve the status of women.
The conference aims at assessing the importance of ‘Women empowerment as a tool to develop nation’. It is a platform to discuss and input your ideas towards women upliftment and entrepreneurship.
Theme of the Conference
- To analyze the role of media in women empowerment
- To analyze the role of online activism to empower women
- To analyze how economic empowerment increases women’s agency/ entrepreneurship
- To analyze the male perspective for women empowerment
Call for Research Papers:
Research papers of academicians, researchers, students, media professionals and NGO are invited to share their views and experiences & submit paper on their original unpublished work.
Abstract Submission: 10th January
Full Paper Submission: 31st January
- Mr. Sanjay Bansal, Chairman, Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions
- Mr. Aman Bansal, Managing Director, DBGI & Ms. Vrinda Bansal, Director Student Welfare DBGI
- Mr. R. K Sharma (Director General, DBGI)
- Dr. A.K Jaiswal (Director-Engineering )
- Dr. Manish Mathur (Registrar DBGI)
- Mr. R.K Mishra (Director – Admission DBGI)
- Dr. Amit Bhatt (Director- DBIMS)
- Mr. Subhashish Goswami (Dean Academics- DBGI)
- Mr. Digvijay Singh (Dean- DBIMS)
Guest of Honour:
- Rekha Arya (Minister of women and child welfare)
Venue: Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun
|Registration||9:00 AM – 11:00 AM||DBIT Main Building|
|Inauguration & Key Note Address||10:00 AM – 11:00 AM||DBIT Seminar Hall, First Floor|
|High tea||11:00 AM – 11:30 AM||DBIT Main Building|
|Technical Session||11:30 AM – 2:00 PM||DBIT Seminar Hall, First Floor|
|Parallel Session I||11:30 PM – 2:00 PM||DBIT Conference Room|
|Parallel Session II||11:30 PM – 2:00 PM||DBIT Conference Room|
|Lunch||2:00 PM – 3:00 PM||DBIT Main Building|
|Panel Discussion of Dignitaries||3: 00 PM – 4:00 PM||DBIT Seminar Hall, First Floor|
|Distribution of Mementoes to Dignitaries||4:00 PM – 4:30 PM||DBIT Seminar Hall, First Floor|
|Vote of Thanks & Distribution of Certificates
|4:30 PM – 5:00 PM||DBIT Seminar Hall, First Floor|
List of Dignitaries:
- Tripti Singhal Somani (Founder President COWE India),
- Divya Rawat (Mushroom lady),
- Rachna Pandhi (Media Entrepreneur of The Himachal Times),
- Soniya Anand Rawat (Singer Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Fame),
- Madhu Gainth (Woman Entrepremeur),
- Laxmi Punetha (Head Nurse, Govt. of Uttarakhand Florence Nightingale Awardee)
- Ritika Puri
- Deepa Chawla
- Suneet Sharma
- Pratibha Pandey
- Arbinda Dey
- Deepa Arya
- Saziya Ansari
- Shilpa Trivedi
- Drona Sharma
The Women Entrepreneurship Summit organized on March 8, 2019 was a major success with Usha Negi, Chairman of Child Protection Commission, Ripa Sharma, President of Asra Self-Organizing Organization, Tripti Singhal (Chairperson, COWE), Rachna Kalra(Vice President, COWE(Delhi Chapter)), Rupa Sharma(President, Aasra trust), Soniya Anand Rawat(Renowned Singer), Divya Rawat(Mushroom Girl of Uttarakhand), Shevata Rai Talvar(National Asst. Secretary, AIWC), Pooja Subba(Secretary, Gorkhali Sudhar Sabha), Ekta Uniyal(Deputy Commandant General Homeguards), Priya Gulati(Director, Bagit Consulting Group), Rachna Pandhi(Director, The Himachal Times Group), Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj(Former Hon Dermatologist at President Estate Clinic), Dr. Jasleen Sharma(Physiotherapist), Madhu Gainth(Owner, B Blunt), Rakshita Tomar, Meenakshi Aggarwal(Director, Jhalak Era), Laxmi Punetha(Retired Metron, Doon Medical College), Gauri Singh(Director, Neha Advertising), Dr. Romie Saluja(Chairperson, NMCCS), Dr. Babita Sahotra(Teacher and Senior Politician), and Tanya Sahni(Director, The Vendor) for gracing the event.
“There is no one single day for women to be their day. Everyday is a woman’s day,” said Ms. Negi as she started her speech. “We are impacting in moving the world forward, being equal partners to the other gender,” she adds. The event became a platform for not just celebrating the spirit and energy of all the brave and bold women of the world but also, a platform for discussion, deliberation and decisions.
Thanks to Journalism & Mass Communication department of DBGI for making the day even more special!