Seminar on Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning – Aptitude Skill Development for B.Tech and MCA
Most of the Entrance exams as well as the placement exams consist of three major sections which are, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical reasoning and Verbal Ability. All of these are considered to be a piece of cake, but when comes to the preparation and real solution, simple questions like finding the distance between two trains traveling in opposite direction started from the same point at different speeds. This is because of lack of practice of questions like this, and lack of the expressive approach to solve the problems. Well, according to the leading educational consultants and psychologists, this happened because of the lack of strong foundation and basic concepts which lead to ineffective results, where the study is done not with a purpose of knowledge but with the agenda of passing examinations.
AIM of the Event
- Speed matters most in the quants section and hence proper time management and time dedication of every individual question should be considered. In order to do so, speeding up of calculations and correctness in every calculation should be increased.
- Also in order to solve the problem, it is important to understand the problem first and hence, a proper reading of the questions will lead to a better level of understanding and hence resulting in a faster solution of the problem.
- Apart from all that, the main focus should be reducing the calculations as much as possible, and hence leading in reduced and more efficient solutions and hence leading to the faster Every question should be looked with an optimistic vision of, it can be reduced into a simple solution which will consume less time.
- Every second is important, in the examination center and before that too, and hence proper timings and dedication for preparation should be given as well as proper focus inside the examination hall should be Solve puzzles as much as you can. Puzzles and crosswords increase the thinking capacity of a person as well as makes a person think out of the box and hence is very useful for increasing the IQ of a person. This helps in order to score good marks in the Logical reasoning.
Content of the Event
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE SECTION
Major Topics (Frequently asked)
o Basics of number system
o Equations (Linear + Quadratic)
o Sequences & Series
o Profit and Loss
o Simple Interest & Compound Interest
o Ratio, Proportions & Variations
o Time, Speed & Distance
o Mixtures & Alligations
o Work & Time
o Permutation & Combination (Basic Level)
o Probability (Basic Level)
o Series based
- Other Topics (Occasionally Asked)
o Permutation & Combination (Higher Level)
o Probability (Higher Level)
- Data Interpretation
o Calculation based problems
o Approximate calculation based questions
o Charts and graphs based problems
|Speakers of the Events:|
|Department Name ( Full Name)||Training and Placement|
|Course Name (Participants):||B.Tech (All), MCA|
|Date Time & Venue of Events:||27.9.19 at 11.00 AM at DBGI Campus|
|Event Coordinator &Organizing Team Members||Dr.Manisha Maiduly and T&P Team|
|Contact Person||Dr.Manisha Maiduly|