Survey Camp by Department of Civil Engineering
DEV BHOOMI GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING (POLY)
EVENT TITLE: SURVEY CAMP
ABOUT EVENT: Survey Camp is the civil engineering training course for two weeks usually after completion four semesters of Diploma in Civil Engineering that consists of 8 days working in the field and 6 days of map preparation in the computer lab. Experts say that survey camp provides necessary foundation for civil engineers. Each day in the course there are at least 8 hours of working in the field. Students are divided into groups and they get out with practicing surveyors and use their equipment out in the field. A camp in-charge teacher appoints group leaders for each group; the leaders are responsible for all the works of his particular group and the equipment. In the computer lab, students learn applications such as AutoCAD. The students use this program to take data collected from the field to develop topographic maps of the particular area. The basic aim of the survey camp is to know various works carried out in the industrial field by surveying, which includes determining the topography of particular area with the help of survey work, map study and reconnaissance work. The methods used for surveying are traversing, leveling and contouring.
AIM OF THE EVENT: Following are the some of the aims/objectives of survey camp:
- To give students an opportunity to improve theoretical and practical knowledge in engineering surveying under actual field conditions.
- To conduct topographical survey and prepare topographical map of the area as per given technical specifications.
- To produce high level technical manpower capable of undertaking works in surveying field.
- To develop self-confidence so that he/she can do work independently by solving field problems during survey works.
- To fix minor traverse for detailing.
- To transfer the elevations of the known points from unknown points.
- To familiarize in handling different survey instruments
- To be familiar with the team work as surveying is not a single person task.
SPEAKER OF THE EVENT: Mr. LAKSHMAN SINGH
DEPARTMENT NAME: Civil Engineering (POLY)
COURSE NAME (PARTICIPANTS): POLY CE 3rd YEAR (DBIP & DBIT)
DATE, TIME & VENUE OF EVENT: 17/APR/2019 & 18/APR/2019, 10:00AM-03:00PM, SANTLADEVI DEHRADUN