National Technical Webinar on “Role of Remote Sensing in Water Resource Management”
This session will provide an exposure to the attendee about the water resource management. Remote Sensing techniques have been widely used to delineate the surface water bodies, estimate metro logical variables like temperature and precipitation. The webinar is also helpful for those who are working in the field of stream management, river management and lake conservation. There will be a case study on water resource management in the Himalayas.
AIM of the Events :
• To provide a forum to exchange views, ideas & the latest innovations in the field of Remote Sensing.
• To offer learning on basics, emerging trends & challenges in the field of water resource.
• To introduce QGIS and to provide opportunities to further widen the knowledge and to pursue research.
Content of the Event
1.Remote Sensing and GIS based monitoring & data interpretations for water resource planning and management
2. Web-GIS based information system for mapping of water resources of the Himalayas
Highlights of Events
Water Resource Management, New Innovation in Water Management, Case Studies
Speakers of the Events:
Dr. S S Rawat
Dr. Santosh M Pingale Scientist ‘D’ and Scientist ‘C’
National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee
- Department Name ( Full Name) Department of Civil Engineering
- Course Name (Participants): B. Tech CE
- Date Time & Venue of Events: 07/11/02020 (online)
- Event Coordinator & Organizing Team Members : Mr. Vaibhav Deoli and Mr. Lakshman Singh
Contact Person 8532964875