National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), 2020
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), 2020
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) has released its application form for its both the sessions (April Session and July Session) on 1st February 2020. One can fill the form for the April Session till 16th of March 2020, and for the July Session till 4th May 2020. The candidate can fill the form online on www.nata.in.
What is NATA 2020?
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture (COA) is a national level undergraduate exam conducted for admission to 5-year B.Arch program across India. Earlier the exam was conducted once every year, but from 2019, the exam started to be held twice a year – first in April and the second in July. The exam allows the students to take admission into B.Arch program offered by Government, Government-aided, Private Unaided, University Departments and Deemed Universities in all over India.
What are the Important Dates of NATA 2020?
The exam is conducted twice a year, the important dates for both the sessions are tabulated as follows-:
|NATA 2020 Application Form||April Session||July Session|
|Release Date of Application Form||1st February 2020||1st February 2020|
|Last Date of Application Form||16th March 2020||4th May 2020|
|Last Date to Upload Images and Signature||20th March 2020||8th May 2020|
|Last Day to Submit Application Fee||20th March 2020||11th May 2020|
|Confirmation Page Print Available Till||23rd March 2020||11th Ma 2020|
|Dates for Opening the Correction Window||21st – 23rd March 2020||9th -11th May 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||4th April 2020||21st May 2020|
|Exam Date||19th April 2020||31st May 2020|
|Result Announcement||8th May 2020|
|14th June 2020|
How to Prepare for NATA 2020?
- In order to be prepared for the exam, candidates can join various coaching and guidance centers. For effective guidance and training for NATA 2020, candidates can join the NATA Guidance Centre under the Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture and Design (DBSAD).
- Candidate must go through the official pattern and syllabus to get the rough sketch of what is needed to be covered.
- Prepare according to the topics and subjects mentioned in the official syllabus provided at www.nata.in.
- Constitute a peculiar time table and follow accordingly.
- Go through the previous year question papers as it will give you an idea about the section distribution and will help you prioritize the topics. Other than that solving the previous year question paper will help you in time management.
- Make short notes and revise them on a daily basis except for relying on the internet or books as a whole.
- Don’t get confused about your preparation to be confident.
Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture and Design, NATA Guidance Centre
NATA is a national level aptitude test, conducted for entries to the undergraduate courses in architecture. As prescribed by the Council of Architecture, NATA is the necessary criterion for taking admissions to any architectural college in India. Therefore, in order to prepare students to pursue their dreams to become potent architects, DBSAD has commenced the NATA Guidance Centre. The centre will guide students in their NATA Preparation by providing the crash course. The details of it are as follows:
|Duration||10 Days (twice in the semester)|
|Dates||· 1st – 10th April 2020 (to prepare for the first exam of NATA, 19th May 2020)· 11th – 20th May 2020 (to prepare for the exam of NATA, 31st May 2020)|
|Venue||Dev Bhoomi School of Architecture and Design|
What is the NATA 2020 Eligibility Criterion?
Candidates appearing for the entrance exam need to meet the defined eligibility criteria of NATA prescribed by the authorities. The eligibility criteria of NATA 2020 include the parameters like qualifying examination, minimum marks required, age limit, etc.:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate
- Secured at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
- Or should have passed 10+3 diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Age limit: There is no minimum age limit for appearing in NATA 2020 if the candidate satisfies the essential eligibility criteria.
Candidates may note that no direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. Course based on any qualification.
How to apply for NATA 2020?
Mode of Application: Online
Mentioned below is a step by step guide to fill and submit the application form of NATA:
Step 1 – Register yourself- Register yourself on’ www.nata.in’. Registration can be done by firstly providing details like name, mobile number, date of birth, and valid email id. Once filled all the details, you can choose a username and create a password for future log-ins.
Step 2 – Login to fill the employment form: Log-in using the username and password. And further enter all the requisite details like personal, communication, and academic information. This part will also provide you with the option to choose three exam centers in order of preference.
Step 3 – Upload Scanned Images of Documents: Once done with all the details candidates will have to upload scanned images of their photograph, signature and community certificate (if applicable).
Step 4 – Generation of Application Number- After filling the requisite details, candidates will have to submit the application form, which will lead to the generation of an 8-digit application number.
Step 5 – Pay Application Fee: One needs to pay the application fee after the generation of the application number.
Step 6 – Take a Print out of Confirmation page: Once all the steps mentioned above are done, the application confirmation page will be displayed, which needs to be downloaded for the future reference.
Documents Format Size
|File Size||4 to 100 KB||1 to 30 KB||Up to 1 MB|
|Dimension||4.5 X 3.5 cm||1.5 X 3.5 cm||A4 size|
What is the application fee for NATA 2020?
Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|Category||For 1st Session||For Both Session|
|General||Rs 2000||Rs 3800|
|SC/ST||Rs 1700||Rs 3100|
|NRI Candidates||Rs 10,000||Rs 18,000|
If they want the candidates can apply for both the exam sessions at once. But if the candidate applies for both the session, he/she has to pay the combined application fee as mentioned above in the table.
What is the Exam Pattern of NATA 2020?
NATA question paper will be divided into two part- Part A and Part B and both the papers will be in English only.
The number of Questions/Questions/ Type /Mode of Examination:
- The exam will be conducted in both the online and offline mode.
- Part A – Consists of 3 subjective questions that will be drawing based and thus need to be answered in offline mode on the A4 drawing sheet. 2 questions will be of 35 marks each and one question will be 55 marks each.
- Part B –15 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from Mathematics and 35 from General Aptitude will be answered in online mode.
Exam Duration: Total of 3 hours 15 min will be allotted to complete the examination. For the first part, one will get 60 minutes while for the drawing test one will get 120 minutes.
What is the marking scheme for NATA 2020?
- In total, the paper is of 200 marks.
- In part A, 2 questions will be of 35 marks each and one will be of 55 marks.
- In Part B each question will consist of 1.5 marks.
- There is no negative marking.
How to download NATA 2020 Admit Card?
Registered candidates will be able to access the admit card for NATA 2020 from 4th April 2020 (for the first attempt) and most probably from 21st May 2020 (for the second attempt). In order to download the admit card, the candidates will have to log in using the required credentials. Download the admit card to know the venue address, exam date, time and more.
How to see NATA 2020 Results?
The result will be declared by the Council of Architecture (COA) online. To check the result, candidates will have to log-in to their portal using their application sequence number and date password. The result as expected will be available by 8th May 2020 (for the first attempt) and by 14th June 2020 (for the second attempt). The candidates need to secure a minimum of 25% marks in both Part A and Part B of the examination in order to be qualified further. The final selection will be based on the final cutoff.
What is the NATA 2020 Cutoff?
The minimum cutoff marks for the NATA 2020, the cutoff of NATA for both Part A and Part B are declared before the exam. But the aggregate cutoff for the NATA 2020 is declared based on the post-exam statistics. Candidates need to meet NATA 2020 cutoff for all 3 conditions individually to qualify in the exam statistics.
|Subject||Qualifying Marks||Total Marks|
|TOTAL||Will be decided post-examination||200|
About NATA 2020 Counseling
There is no common counseling for NATA 2020. Each institute has its separate counseling, and they select diversely based on the score obtained in NATA 2020. Even after qualifying the NATA candidates will still have to meet the eligibility criteria of the university/college to which they are applying. Currently, there are more than 400 institutes that accept NATA scores, and thus one has the opportunity of getting selected in any of them once cleared the exam.