Dr. A.K. Jaiswal
- Director, Engineering
Name Dr.A.K. JAISWAL
Date of Birth: 07 October 1946
- High School: UP Board, 1960 in First Div
- Intermediate: UP Board, 1962 in First Div
- BSc (PCM): Allahabad University, 1964 in First Div
- MSc (Physics with electronics): Allahabad University, 1966 in First Div
- Ph.D. (Physics): University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA, 1971
(Thesis: Studies in the Photoelectron Counting Statistics and Phase Space Formulation of Operators)
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: OptoElectronics and Infrared Imaging
ADVANCED COURSES ATTENDED
Attended the Executive Development Programme on ‘Management & Leadership’ conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore ( 2004)
Director (Engg,) at Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology, Dehradun from 19.06.2009 to date
Previous: Director at Mahadevi Institute of Technology from 01.11.2006 to 30.09.2008
Instruments Research & Development Establishment (DRDO), Dehradun:
|IRDE, Dehra Dun||01.07.1998||31.10.2006|
|– do –||01.07.92||30.06.98|
|– do –||01.07.87||30.06.92|
|Senior Scientific Officer Gde-I/II|
|– do –||10.12.71||30.06.83|
|University of Rochester||Sep.’66||Aug’70|
|Pool Officer of CSIR|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||23.09.70||9.12.71|
|Indian Photo Interpretation Institute, DehraDun||15.06.76||14.11.77|
Held various key appointments in Defence Research & Development Organization and National Remote Sensing Agency. Experience includes Research, Design & Development, Project Management in the R&D environment, supervision of research at the Ph.D. level, teaching, management, and administration.
- A faculty member at IIT Delhi for 15 months. Engaged theory classes for M.Tech (Applied Optics) students
- A faculty member of Indian Photo Interpretation Institute (now Indian Institute of Remote Sensing), Dehradun for 17 months wherein I introduced a new course on ‘Remote Sensing’ for Officer-Trainees of the Institute
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- Research & Design of signal processing circuits of optoelectronic systems
- Design of a gated video tracker for IR Camera
- Design of Infrared Image Processing techniques for non-uniformity correction in staring focal plane arrays. Simulation studies using MATLAB
- Design of Opto-electronic systems and subsystems
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for Administration and Technical Management of IRDE from time to time as Officiating Director, being second in command since January 2002
- Head Material Management Group at IRDE for a period of five years (2000-2004) and designated CFA for sanction of Demands for procurement of stores.
- Admin Coordinator at IRDE (2005-2006)
- Chairman, Works Committee and Member, JCM-IV at IRDE. Chairman zonal DPC-II & DRTC Boards and Core Member RAC Board
Nominations & Awards
- Session Chairman in number of National and International Conferences
- Recipient of DRDO Technology Award
- Member ‘Core Group of Experts’, HQrs, Technical Group EME
Monitoring and Coordination of R&D Projects at Other Institutions:
Responsible for monitoring of numerous R&D projects under Aeronautics R&D Board, Dte of ER&IPR (DRDO) and DST running at various Centers like IITs, IISc Bangalore, CSIO Chandigarh etc as Chairman/Member of Review Committee.
DRDO Sponsored Visits Abroad
Deputed to USA, UK, France, Holland, Republic of South Africa and Israel on numerous occasions on diverse assignments
Supervised the Ph.D. thesis of R.K. Bhogra awarded a degree by IIT, Delhi in 1975.
1. Photon Counting and Intensity Fluctuations of Partially Polarised Gaussian
Light, with C.L. Mehta, Phys. Rev. 186, 1355 (1969).
- Photoelectric Detection with Two-Photon Absorption, with G.S. Aggarwal,
J.Opt.Soc. Am. 59, 1446 (1969).
- Phase Space Representation of Pseudo Oscillator, with C.L. Mehta, Phys.
Letters 29a, 245 (1969).
- Fermion Operator Ordering and Quantum C-number Correspondence, with
C.L. Mehta, Am. J. Physics. 37, 1239 (1969).
- Photon Counting Statistics of Harmonic Signal Mixed with Thermal Light
I-Single Photoelectron Counting, with C.L. Mehta, Physics. Rev. A2, 2570
- Photon Counting Statistics of Harmonic Signal Mixed with Thermal Light.
II-N-Fold Counting, with C.L. Mehta, Phys. Rev. A2, 168 (1970).
- Angular Spectrum Approach to the Propagation of Mutual Coherence
Function with C.L. Mehta, Opt. Comm. 6, 50 (1972).
- Coherence Functions in the Far Field Diffraction Plane, with G.P. Aggarwal
and C.L. Mehta, Nuovo Cimento 15B, 295 (1973).
- Transfer Function of Semitransparent and Phase Annuli, Opt. Comm. 9, 161
- Measurement of OTF using a Triangular Wave Test Grating, Appl. Opt. 12,
- Images of Periodic Objects under Partially Coherent Illumination, with R.K.
Bhogra, Optica Acta 20, 469 (1973).
- Performance of Apodised Apertures under Partially Coherent Illumination,
with R.K. Bhogra, Optica Acta 20, 965 (1973).
- Influence of Condenser Transmission Characteristics on the Performance of
Microscopic System, with R.K. Bhogra, Optica Acta 21, 819 (1974).
- Sine Wave Response of an Annular Aperture under Partially Coherent
Illumination, with R.K. Bhogra, Nouv. Rev. Opt, 5, 299 (1974).
- Dependence of Incoherent System Response on Object Contrast with
- Bhushan, Appl. Opt. 13, 1839 (1974).
- Limitations in the Determination of Sine Wave Response from Square Wave Response with J. Bhushan, Opt. Comm. 12, 181 (1974).
- Effect of Target Contrast and Background Upon Tribar Threshold and Resolution, with R.K. Bhogra, Appl. Opt. 15, 504 (1976).
- Resolution for a General Two-Bar Target, with K. Bhogra, App. Opt. 15, 1911 (1976).
- Image Evaluation by Single Bar and Single-Disc Analysis, with K. Bhogra, Ind. J. Pure. Appl. Phys, 14, 577 (1976).
- Image Formation under Partially Coherent Illumination, with R.K. Bhogra, Jr. Optics 4, 73 (1975).
- Edge Response due to Apodised Apertures under Partially Coherent Illumination, with R.K. Bhogra, Ind. J. Pure and Appl. Phys. 14, 131 (1976).
- Distortion in a 2-D Scan Pattern Generated by combining a Plane Mirror and a Regular polygon Scanner, with R. Hradayanath, Appl. Opt. 22, 615 (1983).
- Underwater Optical Instrumentation, with N. Singh, Def. Sci. Jr. 34, 35 (1984).
- Effect of Centrally Obscured Aperture on the MRTD and Range Performance of Thermal Imaging Systems, with P.S. Kohli and R.N. Singh, Jr. of Optics 18, 6 (1989).
- Matching of Detector to Diffraction Image in Thermal Imaging. of Optics, 23, 45 (1993).
- MWIR versus LWIR Range Performance Analysis with Khare, Proc. International Conference on Optics and Opto-electronics (2005).
- Case Study of a Passive Night Sight, Def. Science Jr., 56, 835-840 (2006)
- Effect of Temperature and RH on the performance of Thermal Sight, accepted for publication in Jr. of Optics, (2006)