Industrial Visit to Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun by Department of Civil Engineering
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun is an autonomous research institute for the study of Geology of the Himalaya under the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.It was established in June, 1968 in the Botany Department, Delhi University, the Institute was shifted to Dehradun, Uttrakhand during April, 1976.
An Industrial Visit is going to be held at Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun on 25th of March 2019. This visit is going to organize for B.Tech Civil Engineering 2nd Year Students. By this visit students will be able to understand different types of research work and the different valuable labs which are used in the design analysis of slope stability, control of landslides and environmental feasibility of developmental projects.
Aim of Event:
- Demonstration of new technology in the field of soil stabilization.
- To show various research going on in the field of Geological Engineering.
- Introduction of the various types of tests in the field of geology and geo-technology.
- Demonstrate the practical implications of the theory studied in the course work.
- To study geotechnical feasibility for various constructional activities.
Department Name: Civil Engineering
Course: B.Tech 2nd Year
Date & Venue: 25/03/2019 at WIHG, Dehradun